Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Faith

Last Sunday, our preacher addressed the topic of faith. His message really hit home with me. I have to admit, I tend to be a worrier. That said, I am much better about not worrying that I used to be. I feel like his message was intended just for me. Those Sundays can be so overwhelming...you know the ones I am talking about. The Sundays where you feel like it is just you in the church or that the preacher is looking right at you and speaking directly to you! That message was preparing me for the days ahead, where I would be tempted to worry.

This week, I am being stretched a little...or maybe a lot. God is wanting me to trust in Him and to lay my worries down. I have been reminded many times this week (and it is only Tuesday) to not put my trust in others but in God. Instead of worrying, I have been looking for scriptures that will lift me up out of the worry and help me to fully put my trust in the Lord. I found this verse and wanted to share it!

Psalm 146:5-6 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God, the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them—the LORD, who remains faithful forever.

I am so thankful that I can put my trust in God and lay my worries at His feet. He will remain faithful forever!

No comments: