Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stress...

I haven't been able to write for a few days and the major barrier has been STRESS! When I get stressed, I tend to shut down! I don't care if the laundry or dishes pile up to the ceiling. I lose motivation to get school work done and I find it hard to focus on anything! I would just rather curl up in bed with a good book and let problems fix themselves!

Classes started back up this week and the assignments are a bit overwhelming. My husband has worn off on me a little over the years and I am becoming a "gotta get it done NOW!" kind of person. So the sight of these assignments, even though they are not all due right now, makes me start to panic!

I am realizing that January is coming up SUPER fast and I am nervous about starting Student Teaching. More nervous about leaving Mya with whoever we end up deciding on as a babysitter. That is another stressful journey in and of itself! The endless phone calls to check for openings and then the list of a million questions that I have for the prospective sitters. I really think God is teaching me to work on my patience level!

Mya has been a little under the weather this week and is already working on teeth. Needless to say, she has been beyond fussy! Last night I found myself PLEADING with her to just stop crying and go to sleep. Once she finally wore herself out around midnight, I proceeded to sob myself to sleep!

I am not sure when the last time was that I was able to talk to my husband without having to yell over a screaming baby and a "want to be independent but not quite able to yet" preschooler! We need to make date nights a priority once again! Why is it so easy to push that to the side?!?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my life and I LOVE my family! I am just at a time where I feel like I am spinning my wheels. I am doing so many things at once that nothing gets my full attention and then I start to feel guilty! Nick told me that he read somewhere that multi-tasking lowers your IQ faster than doing drugs. YIKES...I hope that is a study that is later found to be false! :o)

No comments: