Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Change is in the Air

For those of you that know me, you know I do not handle change well! I like consistency, routine, plans, schedules, etc. Changes are in the air in our household, well actually, they have been in the air all summer long and I have found myself in a slump. My husband went from working 1 full time job and his own online business, to working 2 part time jobs and the said side business. You would not think that this would be much different but it has really changed his hours and our routine. Now, I know that once summer winds down, one of the jobs will settle quite a bit but it still makes for a stressful summer. Another change is quickly approaching...I am going back to work! I was blessed to quit my job at a local bank almost 3 years ago and stay home with my girls while I finished up school. The last 3 years have really gone by quickly. I am looking forward to going back to work, but I am still feeling pretty blah. At first I didn't know what my problem was. I have been quick tempered, crabby, sad, mopey....all of those yucky things that make you realize that you are in a slump! While I haven't been able to completely shake these feelings, I do realize why I am feeling this way. My goal now is to just enjoy summer with the girls, start getting things ready for my classroom, and pray for God to help me accept the changes and opportunities that I know He has provided with love.

3 comments:

Bld424 said...

A good piece of advice someone told me is, "be present in the moment".

I also don't enjoy transitions, thinking about transitions, or really changing... and so I've found it helpful to stop thinking of goal setting and thinkings you can't chanve about the past and just be alive and focused on the present moment.

Does that make sense?

Britt said...

That makes great sense!! Thank you so much! I just need to take it a moment at a time and things have a tendency to fall into place! Thanks again for the encouragement!

glnroz said...

I dont know how in the world I came to your blog. Old man here. Change is upon us. Many changes, but one thing doesnt. They grow up. It is great that you see that. My "safety valve now are my grand kids. Kids are all there is lol.. you are invited to see my "Joys". at glnroz33.blogspot.com thanks for your time, and good luck.