When my husband and I first got married, I would go to the store at least 3 times during the week. Only buying enough food for a day or two at a time. This quickly got on his nerves and mine too when we started a budget for food.
A what? A limit? On food? Really? I will admit...I was spoiled growing up.
My parents were not rich by any means but when we asked for something or "needed" it, my parents would get it (within reason). After a HUGE fight over "needing" another gallon of milk to satisfy my pregnancy craving, I figured out that we had to change something. Thus starting our weekly menu planning.
Each Sunday, I make a list of lunch and dinner meals. I usually ask for some input from Nick and the girls on what sounds good for the week. Then I am able to arrange meals and make a grocery list that fits into our budget.
I am a planner and proud of it!
Do you plan meals? Do you grocery shop by the week? Every two weeks? Once a month? I would love to hear what works for you!

2 comments:
I am a planner/organizer/list maker and a Mom of 5 children(ages 10,7,4,19 month twins) I do monthly meal planning. This time I planned out 3 months. We only shop flyers & we keep stocked up. We save a lot of $ this way.
I am a planner, organizer, coupon clipper and menu maker! I do it on Friday, after getting the sale ads on Thursday and get everything ready to go Saturday morning! I don't like going Saturday mornings... but Corey doesn't get paid till Friday night - when he got paid on Thursday night, I did all my shopping Friday morning and loved beating the weekend croud! But we make it work and have a very strict budget that we stick to as well! Oh - I go once a week, if I forget something and have to go back... well.... the budget doesn't do so well ;o)
Post a Comment